Monday, July 12, 2010

The Polish Ballroom Dancer

The Polish Ballroom Dancer has threatened to bail me up in Besancon at the feet of the Jura.   But I think he holds a slight trepidation about the nation of  France.  Last there he was chased down the Champs Elysses by a furious femme: the Dancer's French language was insulting.  Of course his accent had been tortured by a not injudicious mix of guttural Polish and Australian slang.   But the Dancer is a good man.   He is an occasional practising Catholic but a fine Christian, and I know his heart is with me on this pilgrimage.

A bientot. 

2 comments:

  1. may the path you have chosen to follow take you where you want to go.

    ciao

    regards
    pbd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked parts of the Vf in 2006. There was no English guide book so we downloaded an Italian online guide and translated it using Google. The result was hilarious - we called the notes our 'Cryptic Clues'!! I wish you clear signs, fresh arrows, little pellerin markers and a few fellow pilgrims (we did not meet any after the Gr St Bernard Pass).
    cordiali saluti!
    Sil
    www.vfpilgrims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete