Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sleeping savage

If a pilgrim needs to sleep savage to make distance on La Via Francigena then choose a copse of trees because the dawn can be chilling and the trees break the dew.  Recollecting; dishevelled I stumbled into Chalons St Stephens Cathedral:  of course it belongs to everybody but  for a fleeting instant  it was all mine.

The French countryside I like:  through avenues of corn and cabbages; and fields scalped to a brown green hue:  Flat, very flat.

My French improves; but my accent remains antipodean diabolical:  But the hospitality of the French people is superb; none more so than in Bar Sur Aube; with Jean the missionary: 

I had to negotiate purchase of a new camera and postage of discs to Australia:  It was not just a transaction; but an exercise in courtesy:

ad limina apostolorum

It is a mild day in Bar sur Aube

Oz Pereginus

No comments:

Post a Comment