Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rice

Alberto warned me about the rice paddies where I could not sleep savage because of the canals which breed mosquitoes.   Flat country of Lombardy.

And so did it remain for countless miles until past Piacenza and my memory of Piazza Cavilli 12 years ago.   It is plod after plod on La Via Francigena.  Then south and east to the beautiful hill town of Costamezzana and then refuge at Fornovo duomo before the climb and climb and tight trails to Cassio then on to Passo de Cisa.  Take care on the trails, in this alpine region between Emilia Romagna and Tuscany.

Until Pontremoli and the fatal beauty of La Toscana.

Albert Camus

Dont walk behind me I may not lead
Walk besides me and be my friend.,


It is warm in Pontremoli


oz Peregrinus

No comments:

Post a Comment